Tuesday, 28 February 2017

The weekly brew

 photo TWB 01.jpg

Here at Bigbananamountains we like cuppas and we like them all the more when we’re outside. It doesn’t matter whether it’s on a summit somewhere drinking in the view or sheltering from the weather under the tarp, tent or behind a rocky outcrop. The point is cuppas in my opinion are generally better enjoyed when outside. Why? Well nothing quite beats the restorative effects a hot cuppa can have on frozen fingers and morale when the weather is foul. If it’s all gone to sh*t (lost or benighted for example) sometimes the best thing you can do is stop, collect yourself, have a cuppa and a wee think about your next course of action. There’s nothing better for the soul than a quiet moment or two of contemplation with a grand view and a nice hot cuppa to sip. You get to have fun messing around with a stove to make them. Putting the stove/kettle on generally means a well earned rest…but perhaps the single best thing about summit cuppas is the simple fact that to have one, you have to get yourself up and get out there and have an adventure to have one.

 photo TWB 02.jpg

So in a bid to motivate myself to get out more often and regularly here’s something I’m going to start and try to stick to as much as is practically possible. We’ll call it “The weekly brew” and the concept behind it is simple. At least once a week every week, I’m going to attempt to get out somewhere nice and put the kettle on and we’ll start with the photos in this post which were taken yesterday on the summit of Dungavel hill shortly after I left my old work for the final time.

See you next week.

 photo TWB 03.jpg

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an excellent plan.
    Cheers, Sandy!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan.
      I intend to have fun with it but as I type this I'm realising I may have been a tad premature in announcing this as I'm not likely to be able to post "The weekly brew" when I'm actually walking NTWHW and I intend to get started on that next week with any luck. I promise I will have plenty of outdoor cuppas during it though so maybe the readers will forgive me if I post a slight backlog after NTWHW?

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers