Thursday, 1 March 2012

A fleeting glimpse

Sometimes, although thankfully not often, I look around me and realise just what a shower of bastards some people really can be. Today was not a good day. I would consider today to be one in which my "buttons" were well and truly pressed. Repeatedly.

It was very hard to remain "professional ", but I managed it...just.

On the way home I decided the only thing to do was get out in the fresh air and let off some steam. My arse only left Daphne's seat long enough to grab a rucksack with the essentials and change out of my steel toe caps and into some suitably lightweight mountain runners.

I hit the local moors and hills around Muirkirk again. Wardlaw was the target this time. Up and down before Louise got home was the plan and hopefully I would be in a better mood when finished.

Photobucket
Heading onto the moors with the weather closing in. Waterproofs were donned at this point.

Photobucket
A surly and grumpy sod. Best avoided!

Photobucket
Winding my way along the trail onto the moors.

Photobucket
Crossing the Garpel water. The clouds beginning to break.

Photobucket
Heading across open moor side. Mood brightening by this point.

Photobucket
A fleeting glimpse. As close as I was going to get to a sunset.

Photobucket
Significantly less surly and grumpy. Approach with caution.


Photobucket
The memorial cairn to Colonel JGA Baird looming out of the mist.

Photobucket
The remains of a far more ancient cairn. The memorial cairn behind.


Photobucket
Normal cheery and pleasant demeanour resumed...with only a light sprinkling of cynicism.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely "fleeting glimpse" shot there. not sure about the ugly beggar in the piccies though... At least there was a smile at the end.
    Hills work their magic again.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly sympathise with your views on our fellow man, but although it can take most of the day before it finally wears me down the act of pulling on my boots is usually enough to bring a smile back to my face.....J

    ReplyDelete
  3. They never fail Alan. Even when its gloomy and miserable out there, they never fail.

    I'm usually a bit more thick skinned JCMurray, but I'm being slowly worn down over an "issue" that upsets me but seems to be out of my control at the moment. Still, like you say, boots and rucksack on and it all goes away...at least for a while anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call it a "reset". Being out in the great outdoors brings everything back on an even keel, sometimes only for a short while though depending on the circumstances.

    I'm sure there's some science fact in all this, surely somebody's done a study on it!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't the world be a better place Sandy if we all just went for a good walk to calm down!!! Love the photos. Had a beautiful walk yesterday in our fern gully at Jindivick. It prepared me for the terrifying drive home back to Melbourne on the Princes Highway.
    Cheers
    Neat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely Anita, it would. It should be compulsory...in fact in this house it alsmost is! Louise practically shoves me out the door with my rucksack when I start getting crabbit...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers