Friday, 14 May 2010

A solution presents itself

Photobucket

Last week I recieved a mssg from a fellow OM member who remembered my cheeky request that he make me one also after he posted some pics of his DIY half hex inner tent for his Shangri La 3/Hex 3. He was working on a revised model and was I interested in purchasing it? Hell yeah!

So thanks to the combined magic of DW's memory, Paypal and the Royal mail I now have a shiny thing I've been hankering after for some time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My first impressions are good, it's clearly homemade but believe me it's a far better job than I could ever manage. It's basically a Golite floor that's been cut and re-sewn to an inner tent made from the standard yellow ripstop material you see on a lot of inner tents. There's a couple of mesh panels for ventilation and a door for getting in and out , which is handy!

I can't wait to try it out on the hill and trust me I will be doing so very soon!

5 comments:

  1. Where is mine! How much did DW charge? Very interested from Altrincham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. £60 plus postage Jamie, enough to cover materials and a reasonable profit. A very fair price IMO. DW has a few projects in the offing I believe. If you ask him nicely, you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started cutting out the next half hex inner will keep updating my blog with the progress and how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing how it turns out Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant see that being much use to you really. I mean how will you sleep if you need to stand there all night holding it up ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers